A couple of days ago I heard from an old friend about a mutual friend of ours, this other girl. So apparently a few months ago, they'd met up and one of the things they discussed at their meeting was me (of all things!).
My friend didn't tell me what exactly was said, but he had come away with the impression that I'd done something hurtful to this other girl. So he expected me to have more to my side of the story and asked me about it.
I didn't have anything to say for myself really.
I didn't recall doing or saying anything much to most of my friends except "Sorry, I'm going through a really busy period right now and I don't think I can meet up until things are more settled. Give me some time." In fact I told a lot of people this. Every inch of it is true - I have so little time to spare on my hands.
A younger me would have probably been somewhat affected by what A to B about me or what B told A I did or C told D I said.
I am a little surprised I hardly feel anything now. I'm not the least bit put off.
My mind is on other things. I have apartments to view and so many other plans to make. Plus I return to work tomorrow.
I shall just take each day as it comes and do whatever I can do, little by little. I place my cares in His hands.
- 7 March 2010 4:33pm -
No comments:
Post a Comment